Free Health Screenings and Activities at CHEMED in Recognition of Nat’l. Health Center Week
CHEMED (The Center for Health Education, Medicine and Dentistry), a federally qualified health care center, 1771 Madison Avenue, Lakewood, N.J., is inviting the public to participate in free screenings, health-related events and giveaways for adults and children, Wednesday, August 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in recognition of National Health Center Week.
Eva Montes from CHEMED will read to children in the pediatric waiting room during Story Time from noon to 1:00 p.m. The rest of the activities and screenings are scheduled between 10: 00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Ocean County Health Department will be providing fatal vision goggles and the Ocean County prosecutor’s office will simulate field sobriety test in the front of the building, weather permitting.
• Mobile CPR of Ocean County – Free hands on compression CPR training
• Lakewood Speech and Language Center – Information for parents
• NJ SNAP-Ed – N.J. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education
• UnitedHealthcare Community Plan: Blood pressure screening and face painting
• Amerigroup: Derma scan self-skin analysis and summer safety information
• Horizon NJ Health: BMI Screening
National Health Center Week, August 9 – 15, 2015, recognizes the outstanding role of community health centers as a safety net for underserved populations by delivering comprehensive, high-quality preventive and primary health care to patients regardless of their ability to pay. This year marks the 50th anniversary of national health center programs.
For more information, contact Esther Garcia, patient liaison, at 732-364-2144 Ext. 218 or email@example.com.
About CHEMED: CHEMED provides comprehensive health and medical services, such as internal medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, and dentistry, among other fields, all in one building. Uninsured and underinsured patients will be seen on a sliding-fee scale. To make an appointment, call 732-364-6666.