Special Shows at the Strand Theater, Lakewood, October and November
The Strand Center for the Arts, 400 Clifton Avenue, Lakewood, N.J., is featuring several shows this October and November. For tickets, visit Strand.org.
1. Comedy for a Cause, October 14, features comedian Vinnie Brand (Stress Factory Comedy Club) and friends. All proceeds from the event will go to buying toys for the less fortunate in Ocean County, for JF Party Dragon’s 7th annual toy drive. Doors at 6:30 p.m.; Show at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $20-$35.
2. ABBA REVISITED, October 15, is North America’s #1 tribute to ABBA! ABBA REVISITED recreates the magic of ABBA with authentic costumes, spectacular harmonies, and note-perfect musicianship taking their audience on a musical journey back in time. Doors at 6:30 p.m.; Show at 8:00 p.m. Tickets cost $37.00 – $47.00.
3. Atlantic City Ballet’s Dracula, October 22, is based on Bram Stoker’s 1897 classic gothic horror story. Choreographer Phyllis Papa’s Dracula mixes romance and passion with horror and pain. This original ballet, complete with sensuous costumes, theatrical sets, and a gripping score, has become one of the biggest hits in Atlantic City Ballet’s 40-year history. Experience a new and thrilling Halloween tradition! Doors at 6:00 p.m.; Show at 7:00 p.m. Tickets cost $15.00 – $35.00.
4. The Wag’s Halloween Spectacular 10/29/2022 is ideal entertainment for you, your family, and friends. This show includes Halloween-themed songs you know and love, plus dance numbers, costume changes, and comedy sketches, along with some fun surprises – including a few original songs. Come dressed in costume; enter the costume contest, and win a prize! Doors at 6:00 p.m.;, Show at 7:00 p.m. Tickets cost $20.00.
5. A Medium Gallery Show with Linda Shields, The Jersey Shore Medium 11/05/2022. At just eight- years old, Linda Shields discovered her gift, which would later on turn into a lifelong career for herself. Now, 54 years later, the Jersey Shore Medium is touring around the country and continues to be surrounded by spirits in her day-to-day work. Doors at 6:30 p.m.; Show at 7:30 p.m.; RESERVED tickets cost $30.00.
6. Best of The Eagles 11/12/2022. This is no simple copy band or impersonator act but rather a group of excellent musicians who expertly and authentically re-create the songs, the music, the vocals, and the magical aura of one of America’s greatest rock bands. Best of the Eagles (BOTE) is considered the most exact interpretation of the music of the Eagles in America. Each member mirrors his counterpart in the Eagles instrumentally and vocally. Doors at 6:30 p.m.; Show at 8:00 p.m. Tickets cost $35.00 – $47.50.HEATER is operated by the non-profit 501(c)3,
About the Strand Theater: The historic Strand Theater, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit at 400 Clifton Ave., Lakewood, was designed by world-renowned theater architect Thomas Lamb in 1922 and is listed on the N.J. and National Register of Historic Places. The Strand offers year-round entertainment in plush, air-conditioned surroundings. It is a perfect venue to showcase comedians, musicals, dinner theater, stars from television and movies, and legendary musical entertainers. The reception gallery includes a catering facility for 80 people, a dance floor, and restrooms. It is ideal for theater-in-the-round, smaller events and receptions.
For more information, call the Strand Theater at 732-367-7789 or visit www.strand.org
COVID POLICY: The Strand has continued to monitor local, county and state COVID-19 metrics and guidelines with the goal of reducing risk and maintaining the health and well-being of our audiences, artists, and staff. Proof of vaccination or a negative test will no longer be required; and masks will no longer be mandatory although STRONGLY recommended. Many staff and volunteers may continue to remain masked, as will patrons. Please respect the choices of others no matter their decision. We, at The Strand, will continue to monitor recommendations from the State of New Jersey, the CDC, and local boards of health and will adjust our COVID policy, as necessary.