What You Can Do to Help During the Pending Blizzard – Lakewood
Township officials want to clear the roads as quickly as possible and help residents get safely through the pending blizzard. We need to keep the roads clear so the plows can get through. Here’s how you can help:
1. Do not place any trash cans or recycling cans out for pickup. If you have already placed them at the curb, please take them in. Tuesday’s trash and recycling will be picked up on Wednesday
2. Do not park your cars in the street. Park them in driveways or even on your lawn.
3. Don’t drive unless you absolutely have to.
4. If you haven’tdone it yet, sign up for the Lakewood Township Notification System at www.lakewoodnj.gov to receive Lakewood Township alerts via email or text to cell phones. This alert system tells subscribers about emergencies; Department Of Public Works information, such as trash pickup, snow removal and parking during snow removal; traffic problems; weather related events; school closings; power outage updates; and legal notices.
Click on the Notification Signup on the right side of this website. The Township alert system is free; however, standard text messaging rates from your carrier may apply.
5. Make sure you have enough of the medicine you take.
6. In case of any power outages, make sure to charge your electrical devices, have a battery-operated radio (if possible) and stock up on water.